Camp Sonshine is the kids camp we started 5 years ago. It is a small camp with BIG fun! We had a great group of kids and staff this year.
Our theme this year was CSI: Christ Seeking Individuals. It was a whole detective/investigative theme. That is why we are Dick Tracy type hats. The kids loved all the hunts and mystery for the weekend. The black team won the overall weekend competition.
This year I was the camp speaker. We talked about deep things for kids, but I knew they can understand more than we give them credit for. Our theme verse was Matthew 6:33. We talked about seeking and what do we seek. We talked about the different characteristics that set apart a Christ seeker from someone who is not. Desire, Surrender, and Persistence. I think the kids got it and we had many fun stories and illustrations to help us along the way. Let's just say that saltine crackers and my famous dog food pie were some of the delectable treat we used to make a point.





So most of my summer craziness is almost over. Now I have to start thinking about what Christmas program we are going to do. From Camp to Christmas - yep that is the life a Children's Pastor!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Camp Sonshine
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It sounds like the Son shone down on Camp Sonshine. Way to go childrens team!
Horray for pictures! I was praying for you guys all weekend. Now I'm in the mad rush to get ready to leave for Summer Blast at Wooten. Two ships passing we are. I'll try to call today or tomorrow. Love!
Wow, Rhonda, I haven't checked in for awhile...you have been a busy woman! You are gifted in so many areas...your writing and your pictures are awesome! You are an inspiration and are always seeking God's Will for your life! I miss you!! When do you start school?
Post a Comment