Well, not really, just yet.
I still have two and a half days of travel through Washington, Canada and across the sea and then I will be Alaska Girl. And then maybe not yet, even then. How long to have to live in a place before you get the privilege of being one of them? Immediately? Two weeks in? Or when you survive the first winter and become unaffected by rain. Who knows...
But I know I am not Oregon girl anymore. It makes me a bit sad. I love Oregon. Oregon was an amazing place to live for a season. So many firsts and great adventures.
Exploring the North Umpqua area, summer camps, spelunking (thanks Kris), river rafting, cliff jumping (once was enough), crawdad hunting, bow hunting, four-wheeling in the sand dunes, getting a truck stuck in the sand dunes, floating the river, snowmobiling in the mountains, enjoying the city life in Portland, numerous trips to the ocean, bought my first house, and first ministry position which naturally comes with many first. It was a great place to learn about myself and learn about life.
I will always be grateful for my time in Oregon.
Now off to live and learn more.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Alaska Girl
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 11:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Praying for a safe journey and quick ease into life in Alaska! Thanks for keeping us updated so frequently. I am impressed!
Praying for a safe trip and more trips to come I'm sure. Keep the "MRS" in top shape and enjoy the fruit God brings you in Alaska!
Post a Comment