CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Alaska Adventure Day 3

We had to get up at 3:30 this morning to be at the ferry terminal to check in at 5am. I think I got two hours of sleep last night. We were greeted with strong winds and pouring rain. This was going to be a "great" ferry ride. I can feel the seasickness coming on before we even get started! So we arrived at 5:03 and waited. We waited some more. Finally we went into the building to see what was going on. Our ferry was delayed due to mechanical problems and bad weather. Well, that is a very comforting thing to hear. They told us to come back at 7:30. So we headed to the only place that is open that early in the morning - Tim Horton's. Good old Tim. I can't say that there weren't a few comments along the way of, "if we had only known- we could have slept another 3 hours!" Oh well, such is life. So we just slept at Tim's.


We headed back at 7:30, went through customs and boarded the ferry for our 6 hour tour. We ended up only leaving a half hour late from the original scheduled departure time.


Some shots of Prince Rupert



A couple shots along the way...not very many because I slept through half the trip.




We pulled in to Ketchikan about 2pm. Some shots of Ketchikan from the ferry.




We had a welcoming group at the ferry terminal. Welcome home.
Myron was a champ the whole trip. Now he gets to check out his new space.

We settled into the house I am staying at. Boxes everywhere. We moved everything from the shipping container to a small storage unit until I find a place to live permanently. It looks like every thing survived the trek accross the ocean, except for a picture that shattered and my small vacuum that gets dog hair great. Not too bad I'd say.
So I have been here for 36 hours now. It is still surreal to think this is my home now. But waking up to this everyday, is not a bad way to live. I even saw some whales this morning. Amazing. It certainly will be a great adventure.

2 comments:

EmaleDad said...

Glad all went well. You go from the land of 10,000+ lakes to the land of 10,000+ hills to the land of 10,000+ glaciers. Enjoy!

tammy emmel said...

Your pics are great, Rhonda! It does seem surreal. I wanna come visit! ;)