So another fun thing - at least for me is that we got a call when Myron, our guide dog puppy in training, was in phase 9 of 10 in training. They called to say that he did not make the program. He was being career changed out. Not because he is bad, not smart, or other reasons. It is simply because he drools too much when he gets treats. And treats is what they give lots of in training to reinforce right behavior. So you can imagine the affects that had. They said he was an excellent dog and they kept marching him through the phases hoping he would get over the drooling - but no such luck. (I think he did it on purpose cause he missed us). So they called and wanted to know if we wanted him or if they should place him. We jumped at the chance. Darin and Kristina (the co-raisers who raised Myron with me) have him until I leave for Alaska and then I will be taking him with me!
He will be just a regular dog. No more shopping with me or going to work. Hopefully he will adjust. Though, I think he is glad about the not shopping. He was such a boy when it came to shopping! He gets to play fetch now - which he loves.
Hopefully he grows to enjoy the rain more. He always acted punished when he had to go out in the rain.
So a few months ago, I was closing chapters with moving and saying good bye to Myron. Now I am starting a new chapter and moving with Myron! How cool is that?!?
For all of you that have mentioned that I can no longer be Oregon Girl - you are right. But I will remain Oregon girl until October 27 then I will change the name to Alaska Girl. But those who know me well know that I will always be Minnesota Girl ;)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Moving with Myron
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 5:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's my Minnesota Girl - incomplete without a dog!
aww.. with a face like that, who wouldn't be happy to take him home! So glad you're reunited with him, I'm sure you bonded a lot while training him. Have a safe move to Alaska!
Post a Comment