It has been a while since I have sent an update. Mostly because there has not been much going on. I moved to Portland a couple months ago and got a job at Starbucks. I just started the second year of my masters studies this week. Still trying to get into a routine.
However, that won't really be necessary. Over the last few months I have been talking with a few different churches. Seeking God's direction and timing. Each one has different things to offer and different job descriptions. But in the end there was only one place I felt a peace and that tug. Last weekend I went up to Ketchikan, AK to interview for a position at South Tongass Alliance Church to be their Christian Education Director. It was good to check out life on the island, meet the staff and people in the church. By the end of the weekend, I was starting to see that this is really what God has had planned for me for this next phase in my journey. It wasn't an easy decision to make as it will be difficult to start over again in life, but I know this is what I am to do! I am excited about the adventure that awaits me there. And I am excited to get back into ministry in a church setting - working at Starbucks has confirmed that ministry is my calling - not coffee. :)
I will be moving up north at the end of October. When there I will be in charge of casting vision and leadership development in the children's ministry and I will be leading in the area of a churchwide discipleship strategy. I'm sure I will also learn a lot about fishing, hunting, boating and all things outdoors as well as getting used to living in the rain. Here are a few pics of my time up in Ketchikan...
I can already tell that life up in the last frontier will be an adventure.
You never know who you may meet..
like the tarantula that was in a cage outside my room at the house I stayed at.
Or what you might do for fun...
or what you find yourself willing to do...
So once again adventure is calling. Adventure requires willingness, trust and abandon. God is calling me on the the next adventure. It is sad to say goodbye to one chapter, but I wait with anticipation to see what the next chapter brings.
Jesus be always near.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Big Update
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 11:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It will be an adventure, yet God will be with you all the way! He has people waiting to here the Good News of Jesus! Go get 'em girl!
Life with God is always a great adventure no matter where you live. I'm learning to say daily "God, I know where you're going today, but I want to go with you." It brings about the absolute abandon in our walk with Him. Yay! We expect you for Thanksgiving and will pray that you learn to live in the rain.
I meant to say "I DON'T know..." I should proof before I post. :o{
Wow! How exciting for you, good thing you are the adventurous type. God is so good and I am so happy that His will is so clear and that you are so willing. We miss you and are so proud of you!!!!
Post a Comment