So among the things I do to keep busy, I decided that I should add coaching soccer...to 4-year-olds to the list. Yeah, 4-year-olds. Some ask is it really coaching? I ask is it really soccer? Surprisingly, it is a little of both. Granted, the successes are much smaller, like kicking the ball in the right direction, focusing on the ball for 20 seconds instead of picking dandelions and things like that. They know what a goal is, what it means to dribble the ball and some form of offense and defense. So yes, it is soccer and yes I was coaching. Who knows, maybe the next Mia Hamm was on my team...
I really enjoyed coaching my Red Star Bandits (don't ask - they picked the name and we didn't know we would be the green team when we picked our team name). I started this whole venture as a way to get into the community and connect with young families. It turned out to be a great plan. We had over 130 little kids in the program this year and all the parents are there as well! Too bad I lost my job one week into the season. It was still a great way to get into the community. They even offered me a job at the YMCA they liked me so much.
So though it may not be something great and amazing to put on my resume, it sure gave me some good laughs, and some personal experience building relationships with complete strangers and cute kids!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Itty Bitty Soccer
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Nothing is impossible with God!
Post a Comment