CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Uncertain future with a faithful God

So the last two weeks have been a whirlwind. It started with getting an announcement at staff coffee that two staff positions were going to be cut at church. There are only four of us so that would be half our staff. The news was not totally unexpected, yet surreal and difficult to think of ministry beyond Roseburg Alliance Church, or to think of work without those who I have worked so closely with.

Well, a week ago, I found out that our worship pastor and I were the ones laid off. One week later, everyone knows and I have until the end of April to pack up, tie up loose ends in my ministry and pass it off to capable volunteers to continue on, and say my goodbyes. Crazy how life can change in two weeks.

I worked all morning getting my house all pretty for pictures as I put it on the market today (Thanks Kristina, Josh, Sharon and Jessie!!) It looks great!




The tulips in my backyard bloomed just in time!


I don't have any plans just yet, but I know that God has been preparing me for this for a while. It is not unexpected for Him. He knows the future. Plus, He never promised life would be easy - He just promised He would never leave or forsake us!

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

sinkthis said...

Wow, Rhonda! I am praying for you! From personal experience, changing jobs is a scary process, but the end results are almost always better than the previous situation. So think of how much you'll love your next job compared to this one! Now, it will be hard to leave your current job/home/friends, but God has something even better in store for you!:)~Annie

EmaleDad said...

We are praying for you and the church during this transition. It will be tough for both but God is there and knows the future paths you should take. He will guide your every step. We are looking forward to seeing you out there in a little over two weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today and the changes you are facing. I am looking forward to seeing what God is up to and where you will go next!

Myrn and Steve said...

I'm excited to see what God has in store for you. He is ALWAYS faithful to accomplish His purpose in your life...even if you're not. Hang in there, girl. You have a great attitude and God will do GREAT things! Love ya.