CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Packing Pro and Passing on Peanuts

Since I last blogged I have been on another trip and I am leaving for another one this week and I go again next week. In fact I have gone somewhere overnight every week for five weeks in a row! I'm starting to think that that it is more normal to do laundry and put it back in the suitcase instead of in the closet! The last trip was for our church camp out this past weekend. I actually meant to prepare ahead for this trip and pack early. But somehow, Friday came and I still was not ready to leave to go camping. By the time I finally got out of work, it was 4:30. I went home and packed everything - clothes, food, camping gear and all in a half hour (personal record for sure) and was on the road for some camping fun. The only thing I forgot was the matches for my campfire.

This week we are up in Portland again to lead another Roots class and a District Board meeting. It will be Myron's first board meeting. It is hard enough for me to sit for hours on end, we'll see how he does! He will probably be do better than me! This I know because last week I did something stupid. I scheduled a meeting at the Rodeo Steakhouse last week. Seems harmless enough until I tell you that it is one of those places that serves peanuts as appetizers and you can throw it all on the floor. By the time dinner hits the whole floor is covered in peanuts! So I walk into the restaurant and groan. I can't believe I didn't think! Even though Myron is supposed to be a guide dog - he is still just a puppy in training with a nose that is a bit hyperactive. I was preparing for disaster. I could see it in the nightly news "local dog goes ballistic for peanuts." To my absolute surprise and pride - Myron looked at a peanut and then walked right over them all and slept under the table at my feet the whole time with his nose inches away from the tempting peanuts. He is only 5 MONTHS old! He is the coolest. So hopefully he will do just as well on his first business trip.

3 comments:

EmaleDad said...

You can teach a packing class too!
Maybe Myron's telling you he's allergic to peanuts?
See ya next week!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good dog! Did you have Andrew's section? Just curious.

Rhonda Wynegar said...

actually no, but I did see him! he said my dog was more well behaved than his kids.