I'm sitting in a hotel room all by my lonesome in Portland. I have begun a new chapter of life and am wondering, "what am I doing?" I just got back from meeting all the people that I will be studying with for the next three years of my life. Going for more school. Something I never saw as a part of my future, is now a reality.
I have been so busy this summer that I have not thought much about what I am in for. I went from a high school trip in California this morning, complete with screaming, body sounds and boy talk, to Portland tonight, with mature people quietly talking and talking life and ministry all in one day. It is crazy to think that I am mature enough to go to semenary, but alas it is upon me and I get to figure out more what I am made of.
Growing up is such a weird thing. Does it ever turn out how you imagine?
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Melancholy Moments
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No, it doesn't. It turns out even BETTER than you imagined. God gives us what we can handle and saves the best for even later. It's a good thing your "mature" (although not as educated) parents will be coming to help counter your loneliness and melanchological disposition :-)
Growing up is NOT for sissies and rarely happens the way you have planned. I'm so glad I've been given another chance to "grow up". I hope I never fully get there because I'm having too much fun. Work hard, but not too hard, and by all means have fun!
Post a Comment