CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Home At Last

24 hours and 10 days later I find myself safely home. There are no incidents to speak of on the trip home. We had to get up real early to catch the bus to the ferry that would take us to Konstanz, Switzerland to the last train terminal of the trip. We had a lot of connecting modes of transportation to get us back to the airport and all by 8am, but we made it with no problem! We are getting really good at getting around! We will be taking tour groups starting this summer ha ha. I wouldn't trust us!

By the time we got to Seattle it was 5 am Europe time and we were beyond tired. We couldn't even form proper sentences! And then I had to think about getting on a plane to go to Minnesota! But after 8 hours of sleep with the assistance of Tylenol PM, I was ready to do one more leg of travel. Thank goodness it is a direct flight to Minneapolis! And it is all in English! Small wonders!

I was oddly greeted with SNOW falling as we touched down in MN. Yes, winter here is not over and the natives are indeed restless. It is SO good to be grounded for a while and no better place than with the parents before they head off to Hawaii for their own adventure!

Thus concludes the great insane trip of 2008. When I regain my energy I will recap the trip in greater detail with pictures, but for now - I will do laundry!

4 comments:

melmac said...

glad you made it home! I got home with no glitches and enjoyed doing laundry and relaxing. Jet lag was a booger last night and I'm tired this morning. I'll e-mail you soon with a fun story.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're safe and now able to actually rest. Can't wait to hear more details and see pics. Welcome home!

Sherry said...

Welcome home Rhonda! We miss you but I have been updating the kids on all of your adventures. Have a nice, relaxing time in Minnesota.. I won't tell you that it was 85 degrees here the day you arrived in the snow. Can't wait to the gory details of your crazy trip! See you in a couple of weeks.
Sherry

EmaleDad said...

Yeah - she rested for two whole days and then painted our living room and part of the dining room while we were heading to Hawaii. What a gal. Thanks Rhonda!!