Hello all!
August huh?
Time sure does fly! I haven't been real up on updating anything because there hasn't been much to update. On the adoption front, things have been going slower than the slowest it can go. After 7 weeks of waiting for a finger print appointment - or biometrics screening - I am pleased to say that I am in Anchorage AK and I have officially been electronically fingerprinted!
After many weeks of waiting and calling to see where my file was in process, I finally talked with a guy who said that my file had been processed several weeks ago, but my name was suspended.
Well, what does that mean? He didn't know. I was discouraged that this hadn't been realized in the previous weeks when I persistently called. He put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and came back well over 10 minutes later to say that it is because of where I live, there is no place close by to get the screening done, so I had to wait for more families that needed the scan so they would send a team to Juneau.
Well, call me impatient, but I don't want to wait. I have to fly to the appointment either way, so i asked if they could get me in earlier in Anchorage.
He had to talk with his supervisor again.
Another 10 minutes and he informed me that I had an appointment for the next week, Aug. 4 at 2pm.
Wahoo!
So I called my cousin who lives in Anchorage to secure a place to stay and booked my ticket.
My screen is done and I can officially say I have been to mainland Alaska now!
Thanks for your prayers. More updates to come! It is likely going to get exciting :)
In other news, I have had friends come to visit in July, Jenn and Melissa and had a rainy week at kids camp.
Thankfully I have had quite a bit to keep my busy to keep my mind off the really slow adoption process.


Thursday, August 4, 2011
America's Most Wanted and other news...
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Nice pix - you're adding them as I look on. Glad step # __ is done in the adoption process - hang in there!
Post a Comment