Ketchikan is an interesting place with interesting people. Today I met another one of them. It was in the late afternoon. I was about to leave the office and I was meeting with Cade. Our secretary was gone, so when a gentleman came in the office, I went out to meet him and see what he needed. He first asked me if we were the alliance of all the churches in town, as our sign on the door says 'South Tongass Alliance Church.' I explained that the Alliance is actually the denomination we are a part of. He seemed disappointed, but he didn't really skip a beat.
He proceeded to introduce himself and state his purpose, "Well, my name is Casper, and I am with the Holy Ghost. I am here to tell you if you bring the faith, I'll bring the works." He nodded and then left without saying another word. He didn't even leave a business card.
I am still not sure what to think of our unexpected guest. But I did learn that Casper favors wearing yellow rain pants with suspenders.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Casper
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 12:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hilarious! I love it :) So something that would happen to me!
Too bad you didn't take a picture, but maybe if you did we wouldn't see him anyway. Who knows what the Lord allows your way!
Post a Comment