CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas, New Year, Travels and Updates

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated. Part of me feels like it is because nothing has happened, but wait that is not true. Perhaps it is because life is busy. But I was off school most of the last month, so that is not entirely true. It was just a busyness of another kind.
Well, let's see...

I finished settling in to my new place. I can't say enough how good it feels to have a place to call home again. No more wanderer for me!

We were busy in Ketchikan getting ready for Christmas celebrations here. We have a big Christmas service where the kids and I made a debut singing in the service. It was fun

I am singing a solo...

...just kidding - just an awkward moment caught on camera!

The kids did such a great job!


And the crazy lady telling them what to do!

This is our worship team. The guy on the piano is Caleb the Worship/youth pastor I work with.


Just a couple days after the Christmas service was our candlelight Christmas Eve service.


This is Cade, the lead pastor and my boss. He's a great guy.

And, yup, we wear jeans - even on Christmas Eve. I love the laid back atmosphere here!

So for Christmas I spent the morning with a family from church, the Bauers and enjoyed their traditional Christmas Brunch. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon with the King family, trying out their new toys.



Then I left the next morning for a quick trip to Minnesota to see the fam. But not before stopping to see the most breathtaking image I think I have ever seen.



I had a marvelous time with friends and family in the great north woods of Minnesota. We played games, talked, shopped, watched movies and of course, snowmobiled.






Then I was around Ketchikan for a week and then it was off down south again to Portland for a Thailand team training, Dexcom and visiting my new "niece."
Isn't she great?




I learned a new game - "Settlers of Caton"

My Sttlers teammate - he is thrilled...

It was fabulous catching up with old friends.



Then I flew back and have started back for my 5th semester of my master's studies. I have been feverishly catching up with all my reading and homework.
So there you have it. The last month in a nutshell. Until next time...

1 comments:

EmaleDad said...

Nice pix!! Good to see nothing was going on. We loved having you even if for a short time.