CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Fun, Family and Friends - A little taste of home.

So I have been blessed with the longest trip back to Minnesota since I left 7 years ago. Being unemployed has its advantages.

We first celebrated mom's birthday by going to DQ and shopping. A few days later we moved my brother into his first place! So glad I could be around for the momentous occasion. Then it was off to northern MN for some good times with some great ol' college buddies.





We took Grandpa to a minor leagueish baseball game followed by some fireworks.


I even got to see some great thunderstorms - one of my favorite parts of summers in MN.



The next week we all got together for a family reunion. Great times with the Emmel clan.


We went hiking, fishing, ate, boating, played games, looked at old pictures of times past, ate, watched movies, went to a play, ate and went to the crow wing county fair and guess what - ate some more!







And something you'd only find at a Minnesota fair...


Sitting back seeing my family interact - I was so grateful for the great family I have been blessed with. And the heritage my Grandparents left us. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma

1 comments:

EmaleDad said...

It is always great to see family and be a part of a family that loves the Lord and still has fun! It was beyond words to have you home for an extended stay this time. Yay!