CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

First Snow!

One thing I miss more than anything, other than my family, is snow. Whenever the weatherman forecasts snow I get giddy and melt into childlike anticipation. I get beyond depressed when I wake up and find no snow on the ground and instead see pouring rain. Last week was one of those weeks. There were several days forecasted to have snow and every day nothing. Everyone else had it, but not us. In fact I think Roseburg was the only school district on the I-5 not closed last week.

Until...

Friday morning - FINALLY SNOW!!!

I woke up to see a winter wonderland in my backyard.

I was very excited to let Myron see snow for his first time. So I let him out and he was very tentative at, first. He stopped the second his feet hit the cold, wet stuff and turned around to look at me (pardon his evil eyes)

Then he got more brave

And more brave

Until finally he made it to the other side of the yard. What an adventure. He then started to run around like a crazy man. A dog after my heart.



When he finally came in, there was a tell-tale sign that he managed to accomplish his favorite passtime - sniffing.

2 comments:

EmaleDad said...

You'll turn him into a Minnesotan yet!

melmac said...

Oh Myron! You're so cute!