For 6 days this fall I did something I never have done before. I worked in a vineyard! One more thing to put on my ever-expanding resume! However, I was a bit disappointed when I found out that they have machines to do the pressing. I was hoping I could be like Lucille Ball and squish them with my bare feet.
It was actually a neat opportunity for our church. A family in our community owns Ruestle Winery and they have churches harvest all their grapes to raise money for missions. It is now going to be our annual fundraiser for our Thailand team that goes to Thailand for the China field forum and for other China missions efforts.
We started at 8:00 am and worked until lunch and just our church harvested almost 15 tons of grapes. It is kind of fun and the scenery and fellowship was hard to beat!







Thursday, November 6, 2008
My other job
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
beautious! Perhaps you will some day live in Italy married to a grape farmer (is that what they're called?) and he will let you squish. It could happen!
Looks like a fun way to raise funds. Hopefully it gave you a better liking for fruit? I just can't see you married to an Italian grape farmer though.
Post a Comment