CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

And...I'm Back!

I really have no excuse for not blogging for 6 months, other than being a new mom, going back to work full time, ending my career to be a stay at home mom, support my husband in his career journey wherever that may lead, which meant packing up our house and taking off for a crazy long journey to seek God together on what He has next for us as we visit prospective opportunities and meeting with friends, mentors and family all along the way!

Whew!

To catch you all up quick - here's the short of a long story. Well, it's really two stories in one.

After I found out I was having Xander, the question, of whether I would still work or not, was quite popular. And I really didn't know the answer. I loved what I did, but I also wanted to fully enjoy being a mom.
I went back to work for a few months after two months of maternity leave and I knew from day one that I didn't like being divided. It was a hard decision to step away from vocational ministry because I love it and I love the people I worked with. However, moms and dads alike often said to enjoy every moment with our babies because it goes so quick and I found this to be so very true. I have waited so long to be a mom, I just didn't want to miss out on anything. So in September I ended 11 great years of church ministry to focus on ministering to my family.

As I was wrestling with what to do, my husband was also praying about the future. His job was challenging, and not in the good, stretching kind of way. We talked and prayed through many scenarios about what he could do. After I had decided to be done working to stay home and raise our family, Scott came to me and said that he felt God was saying that He has something for us and we were to step out in faith and go spend a season seeking Him for what He has next.

At first this sounded like a fun adventure. Go on an extended trip to meet with mentors, check out some opportunities, spend time with God and strengthen our relationship with God and each other. But the idea of the unknown is hard for me. I like to know what the "plan" is All. The. Time. So I responded by saying, "that's great, but let's pray and see what God is saying we should do. He has always told me what I am supposed to do and I do it."

Scott said, "that's great, but that's not how God speaks to me. He says 'I have something else for you' and I pick up and start going and He makes it clear as I step out."

Hmmmmm.

What do you do, in a marriage relationship where you are one, but you hear from God in different ways?

MY way must be right. Right?

Not so much. I started asking God what He had for us and to show my hubby. Instead, He showed me that Scott was His provision for me and that I was to trust Him and trust His leading in Scott's life. My role is to pray for him and support him.

Deep breath.

OK.

So here we are. On an adventure - Scott, me, Xander and our dog Myron. We don't know what God has for us. What we will do next. Or where we will live.

But what we do know, is that God is with us and He is using us in the lives of those we are connecting with and He is using the people, situations and circumstances to refine us, our relationship and our direction. God is good and so is the adventure following Him!

Stay tuned…

1 comments:

EmaleDad said...

Trust God - He will never leave you nor forsake you - and He will always direct you to His best for you.