CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Life is Just Flying By!

I really thought I posted in January...but apparently I did not! Maybe there is something to this pregnancy brain!

We here's the latest -

We enjoyed a quiet Christmas here on the island. We had the fun of starting some new family traditions and just relaxing after a few weeks of insane busyness with Scott's job. He spent a lot of time commuting by float plane to a neighboring island to work with a company that does mining over there. He was in charge of setting up a base survival camp, as it is in a remote location, and had to use what he had put together several nights they were over there - both planned and unplanned. Just before Christmas there was word that they might not make it in until after Christmas. I was very happy he made it home!

New Year's Eve came and went rather uneventfully - unfortunately becuase we were supposed to close, yet again, on New year's Eve.

I went down to the Portland area on business for a few days. It was a surreal trip knowing it would be the last time I would travel all by myself with no baby. I tried to soak the calmness and free hands up as I watched several moms struggle to get their stuff and child/children on board as the eyes of onlooking passengers were secretly praying they would not have to sit next to them. I realized the next time I travel, likely in April with a 3 week old, I will be the one producing such prayers.

Upon arriving home, we can finally make the announcement we have been trying to make for 4 months now - We are homeowners as of January 11! However, we are homeless as of January 31. Buying this house was a roller coaster of issues and problems with the contractor hired by the seller to do the work necessary for it to pass inspection. Let's just say after 4 major mistakes they had to redo, which caused us to move in 5 weeks past our scheduled closing, there is a certain contractor in Ketchikan that I will not recommend to anyone!! Unfortunately the delay in getting into the house is causing a time crunch in more ways than one.

1. We were assured that we were going to close on Dec. 31 so we gave our 30 day notice to our landlord to be out of our apartment by January 31. Then when that fell through as a result of a missed upside-down beam placement by everyone, inspector included, we decided to still vacate our apartment by the 31 to save a months rent. Thankfully some great friends are letting us use their place for the three weeks they are gone in Hawaii. However they come home in 10 days and there have been LOTS of delays with getting the house ready to move it.

2. It is turning into a bigger renovation project than we anticipated, which we did budget extra money and time for incidentals, but we have already used all that up and then some! We were hoping to occupy within 4 weeks of closing and that deadline is 2 days away and we don't even have flooring in. In fact, we just learned that we have to rip up ALL the subfloor as it has all expanded due to moisture and replace before we can even start laying the new floor - another long story :)

3. Part of Scott's job this year is to set up a division of his company, Alaska Farms, and start doing hydroponics. They wanted to send him to Fairbanks in January for a week to see how another company does it and learn all the ins and outs of hydroponic farming. His boss was gracious to put off the trip until after we get in the house as the majority of the stuff we are doing only Scott is skilled at doing. My painting skills only go so far :) However, the longer it takes for us to get into the house, the farther out his trip is scheduled which is getting closer and closer to our biggest deadline...

4. BABY! I can't believe we are just over 6 weeks away from becoming a family of three! We will barely have enough time to move in and settle into our new home before baby comes! People say pregnancy takes forever, but I am finding it is going waaaay too fast! There is still SO much to accomplish, both with our home and my work before baby comes. 6 weeks just seems too little time! But all in God's timing. Everything is going well with baby as far we we know. In fact my OB at my last appointment said emphatically how great I looked. I don't always feel great, but I guess I'm holding my own. Hoping to keep up on that as there is still lots of work to be done at the place - we started painting in the last few days. I put in about 11 hours at the house yesterday. So may I keep looking great!

Unfortunately I am not on the computer that has my pictures on it - so no house pics or baby pics. More coming soon! Hope to get in our place in 10 days - I'll keep you posted :)

All for now - with love, the Wynegars :)

1 comments:

EmaleDad said...

We are excited to see how God is working. Wow - 11 hours! How many hours could you work w/o being pregnant? Don't forget to rest!