CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Something I Have Wanted to Say for a Long Time!

Two years ago there was one. My world revolved around my work as a pastor in a church, leading kids and adults alike to deeper walks with God. I had many rich friendships and the companionship of a great dog - Myron. But at the end of the day there was just one in my family. Yes, I have a Mom and Dad and a brother and lots of great extended family, but in my home there was just one. Then there was talk of adoption (check out the blog from March 6, 2011). God was stirring about starting a family. I was excited because I have always wanted a family. I just never thought that it would be that way. But God expanded my horizons even more by blessing me with Scott. We started to become a twosome. He likes the idea of adoption and was supportive of my journey, even if it meant we couldn't get married right away. Then God showed me that He brought him into my life to share the adoption journey. We put adoption on hold, to later pursue it together. Then we got real serious in our twosomeness. In November, 2011 we made it official. Now there were two. Every young couple usually starts to have "the talk" at some point after marriage. You know, the talk where the discussion of when to start a family comes up. Well, we started having "the talk." But surprisingly, both of us were OK with waiting a while. We decided that there are LOTS of things to figure out with being married without throwing kids into the mix. But then there was an email. Back when I was seeking adoption, there was this agency that I checked out. I decided not to go with them and stopped receiving their emails, but one mysteriously got through. I wouldn't have paid much attention to it, except it was about a girl who had the name that I was planning on giving my adoptive daughter someday. So I opened the email and read about her. She was a charming 2-year-old with cerebral palsy. I showed Scott the email, explained how I randomly got it and her name. I then asked, what he thought about adopting a child with special needs. We had a good conversation and I didn't think much more about it. But Scott apparently thought about it a lot and was praying about it. Sunday after church, July 15 (Happy Birthday Mom), we went to "our spot" and we both had something to tell each other. Scott started talking, but I interrupted him. What I had to tell him was going to change our lives. I found out that morning that I was pregnant! It was a total shock to us both and Scott responded by saying, "are you kidding me?" I said "no." Then he laughed with joy and excitement and responded how I always hoped my husband would respond to the news that we are expecting. After we hugged a while, I asked him what he needed to tell me. He said, "I think God is asking us to pursue adopting this little girl." I said, "Great! Two kids in one day!" We went as far as we could in adopting this little girl. We were not eligible in the long run. She has been placed in another loving home. I guess God had a different plan, but invited us in the process for a while. Maybe to prepare our hearts for something we were not expecting! Life doesn't always turn out the way we ever hope, imagine or expect, that is for sure. Two years ago there was One. 10 Months ago there was Two. Then there were Three! We're going to have a BABY! Something I Have Wanted to Say for a Long Time!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Blessings upon you and your growing family!

Carol said...

AND THE GRANDPARENTS ARE EXCITED!!!!
From Dad & Mom

Melissa said...

The word is out! WAHOO!!!!

sinkthis said...

Rhonda! Mom told me about this great news after their sister trip. She said Carol (aunt to me, mom to you) was SO happy! Congrats. Prayers for you in the upcoming months as you prepare to be a momma!:)

Josie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting! I'm incredibly happy for you :)