CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 2, 2012

Honeymoon - Hawaii Style

I won't share too many details of the honeymoon, just some pictures. :)

We left the wedding in style in a convertible. We went to a lighthouse on the beach and just sat together reveling in the fact that we are MARRIED! I just kept saying over and over - "you're my husband!"

It's a little blurry - but you get the idea

We spent the first night on Waikiki Beach in one of the best hotels I've stayed in. We ordered room service which was a first for both of us.



The next day we headed toward the north shore where our little cottage was that we stayed in for the rest of the honeymoon.

We just enjoyed driving, exploring, and stopping at any place that seemed interesting to us. We had no agenda and it was so nice! We never did get to snorkel - the one thing I wanted to do because either fire blocked the road, it was rainy or too windy. But I really didn't care. I was with the man I loved and it was a perfect honeymoon.
The funny thing that most people probably don't do on their honeymoon is shop for house stuff. Since we live on an island and it is hard to find stuff and there is a new deal for Alaskans flying on Alaska Air that they can fly with two checked bags per person - we thought, shopping!! We had three free bags we could fill. So we used gift cards and bought a new comforter and more towels and other house stuff. It was a fun way to end our trip.


Driving to our cottage


Surf Competition


Shave Ice!!


We tried our balance at paddleboarding - good times :)


Dole Pineapple Plantation


Love the beach!!!


We went sailing



We flew the red-eye home and had one day to re-adjust to life and then it was back to work for the both of us.

I had no idea that I would only be healthy for a few more days before spending the majority of my married life pretty sick. Five days after we got home I started to feel ill, but thought it would go away. After a week of fevers, tired, achy and swollen glands, finally went to the doctor and found out I had an ear infection, strep throat and mono! Still on the road to recovery, but so grateful for my husband to help me out. I don't know what I would have done without him! We joke about me testing our vows out so quick - in sickness and health. We are looking forward to the health part since we have had more sickness in our marriage so far. But it has been a great fist month of marriage all the same!

2 comments:

sinkthis said...

Ohhhh, I loved Hawaii!!! We stayed at the Beachcomber on Wiakiki. Dole Plantation was cool; who knew pineapples grew like that? Not me till that trip! If I wasn't 3 months preggers when we were there, I would've tried paddleboarding- looked so fun and relaxing! I think Heaven might look a bit like Hawaii... glad it was fun:)

EmaleDad said...

We're so glad you could enjoy the wedding and honeymoon before getting sick and we're thankful you're getting better now! God will strengthen in weakness.