Many of you have been asking me - "So how are things with the adoption?"
I wish I could give you more information. To be honest, it is a bit discouraging being lost in the paper trail. I have been waiting for almost three months for my home study to pass inspection and be completed. I am at a standstill to do anything more until I have the complete home study in hard copy form. I am hoping to get it any day now...
Once I get the home study, I can file for my I-600a (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) which has to be approved before my final fingerprints can be run, which will require a trip to Juneau or Anchorage and THEN I should be able to submit my dossier.
It is frustrating to be completely powerless as my papers sit on the desks of many people and there is nothing I can do. I am learning great patience and trust. Not much else I can do at this point.
In the mean time, I am finding myself busy doing all sorts of adventures.
Going for my first float plane ride - AWESOME!!!

Running the Totem to Totem Half Marathon Race - this time with a team - much more enjoyable. I was the team anchor taking the last 3.75 miles. I had a personal best (PR) for the mile!
It has been a beautiful spring here in AK 

So that is what has been going on here... there is more to come with the adoption backstory, but that will have to wait for when the sun goes away and rain comes back. Until then I will be at the beach!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Adoption Update - or not so update
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 12:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beautiful! (the landscape too :~)
Can't wait to be there in person.
Be patient with the paperwork.
WOW! So I haven't been to your blog for a while - I just finished reading your last 5 or so updates and WOW! You're going to be a mom! I know you will be a wonderful mom because you were so great at taking care of all of us little freshman girls all those years ago. I'm so happy for you and hope the rest of the process goes smoothly and quickly! Love you!
You've been on my mind & heart and I just checked your blog and see that I have missed a couple of entries! Congrats on another half-marathon....teamwork sounds like a great way to do it! You are more beautiful every day (inside & out)! I am praying for every need to be met within your adopting process. You are human. I see that God is working in you during the waiting and it is all part of preparing you for more of what He has in store for you. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment