Well time for an update on the dog. Myron loves Ketchikan... I think. He just isn't a complainer. He sure seems to love to go for walks, sniff, and enjoy the great outdoors that is Alaska.
Another fun pastime he has is "bonding with his new friend, Jedi. Jedi is the black lab who lives with my landlords upstairs. Myron is learning how to be a dog with his new mentor and fellow lab. I can't say how "proud" I am that he has learned how to drink out of the toilet, lift his leg to mark his territory or do weird dog things to fight for being "top dog." All of which I discourage with some success.
They love to play in the park behind our house, chasing each other like crazy dogs. Sometimes Jedi follows us home and efficiently follows us into my home. He enjoys Myrons toys. Perhaps even with dogs the grass is greener on the other side...
On one such occasion, I was quite entertained at their dominance antics. Jedi thinks he is dominant, after all he is the teacher and Myron is the naive student. But Myron has learned well.
Jedi took Myron's favorite bone and started munching on it. Myron took note. You can almost see the wheels turing as he schemes on how to stealthily move in and get his prized possession back.
So after Myron successfully got his bone back, Jedi went for the rope bone.
Then Myron takes notice and the antics continue...
No worries, no dogs were injured in the making of this blog. I assure you that tails were wagging the entire time. People think fetch is a lab's favorite game. I kinda think it is keep-away.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Myron's New Friend...or Rival??
Posted by Rhonda Wynegar at 8:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hope that Myron can retain some of his earlier training in life and teach Jedi a few things too.
Post a Comment